1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet with canola oil spray then place fries in oven for 14-16 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine pancake mix, nutmeg, salt and pepper, then stir well. Slowly whisk bottle of beer into the dry mix, then set aside.
3. Pour ½ cup canola oil into a deep frying pan or pot. Heat the oil on medium-high heat until it reaches 340-360 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer or until a pinch of beer-batter drops down the middle of the oil and quickly bobs to the top, turning golden brown.
4. Pat-dry tilapia, then slice each filet into quarters. With tongs, dip fish pieces into batter mixture and coat evenly on both sides.
5. When oil has reached temperature, place battered fish in pan. Cook fish in small batches, 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Add more oil and reheat if needed.
6. Remove fried fish from the pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
7. Serve with fries, lemon, tartar sauce and ketchup. Garnish with fresh parsley.