Pistachio Cranberry Bites

November 03, 2017 in Category: What's New

Used to be, packaged snack foods were always loaded with junk ingredients: additives and preservatives created in a lab, bearing names no one could pronounce. For many years, snackers simply accepted this as an unfortunate necessity. But we knew better.

We knew (and still know!) that good food – including good snacks – need not be loaded with junk. A perusal of our snack aisles (and all our other aisles) reveals ingredient labels intentionally lacking artificial flavors and preservatives, and featuring colors derived from natural sources.

Trader Joe’s Pistachio Cranberry Bites are tremendously tasty manifestations of this snack-crafting philosophy. In these individually-wrapped, rectangular-shaped, crunchy-sweet-tart bites, we’ve included only what’s needed to make them delicious – nothing else. That means the ingredient listing is short and easy to pronounce – pistachios, dried sweetened cranberries, agave syrup, brown rice syrup, sunflower oil, and sea salt.

There’s just enough agave and brown rice syrup to hold the nuts and dried fruit together, and the sweetness takes a backseat to the nutty crunch of the pistachios and sweet-tart chew of the cranberries. Because they’re individually-wrapped, these snacks are excellent for backpacks, briefcases, lunchboxes, and, in a pinch, even pockets.

And because we’re selling them in bags of six satisfying bites for the everyday price of $3.99, Trader Joe’s Pistachio Cranberry Bites are easy to keep on hand for whenever the nutty-crunchy-sweet-tart-chewy craving strikes. You’ll find them in our nuts and dried fruit section.


INGREDIENTS:
PISTACHIOS, DRIED SWEETENED CRANBERRIES (CRANBERRIES, CANE SUGAR, SUNFLOWER OIL), AGAVE SYRUP, BROWN RICE SYRUP, SUNFLOWER OIL, SEA SALT.
CONTAINS PISTACHIO.


NUTRITION FACTS:
6 servings per container | Serving size 1 bite (20g) | Amount per serving: Calories 110
Total Fat 8g (10% DV), Saturated Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g, Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g, Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 15mg (1% DV), Total Carbohydrate 7g (3% DV), Dietary Fiber 1g (4% DV), Total Sugars 6g—Includes 6g Added Sugars (12% DV), Protein 3g, Vitamin D 0mcg (0% DV), Calcium 10mg (0% DV), Iron 0.7mg (4% DV), Potassium 130mg (2% DV).
The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.


NOTE: Since posting, the details of this item may have changed due to fluctuating market prices, federal regulations, currency rates, drought, pestilence, bandits, rush hour traffic, filibusters, clowns, zombie apocalypse, punctilious product developers... Contact our Crew for current price and availability.

Tags: Cranberries, On-the-go, Pistachios, Snack