In The Community
Trader Joe's Food Donation Guidelines
December 07, 2015
We are committed to being good neighbors, and to us that means taking part in and giving back to our local communities. That's why we handle all requests for donations and involvement in community events in our stores. Whether it's a silent auction to benefit a local elementary school or a health fair sponsored by a community hospital, your Trader Joe's store is the place to go. All donation requests are to be arranged with the Donations Coordinator at your neighborhood Trader Joe’s. Following are our basic Donation Guidelines:
- Trader Joe’s can only donate to non-profit (501c3) organizations with a valid, current tax ID number.
- Donations are limited to one per year, per organization from Trader Joe’s Company (not one from every Trader Joe’s store in your area).
- Requests for donations should be submitted in writing, on the non-profit group’s letterhead, referencing the valid tax ID number.
- The written request should explain the nature of the organization, why the donation is needed and what kind of donation is being requested.
- Donation requests should be delivered to the store by your organization’s representative, at least three weeks prior to the date the donation is needed.
Please understand that because we receive so many requests, we are not able to accommodate every organization.
Print a copy of our Donation Guidelines.