We Want YOU To Name This Product
No, we haven't run out of juice. No, we aren't trying to offload our work. No, we are not hoping to mimic a McMeme. Why, then, do we want YOU to name this product? We thought you'd be interested. Babies, pets, cars, Trader Joe's Products—naming is an engaging brainteaser. If you like mental stimulation; find the prospect of putting a name on a yet-to-be-debuted, exclusive-to-Trader Joe's product provocative; or just want to win—we challenge YOU.
THE CHALLENGEPen an original, descriptive, memorable name for the following cookie-mix-in-a-mason-jar product for a chance to win a $100 Trader Joe's Gift Card and an entire case of the presently nameless product, when it becomes available later this year.
In the mason jar are all the ingredients (save 1 stick of butter & 1 egg) that you need to make up to two-dozen cookies. This includes, from the bottom up, Enriched Wheat Flour, Graham Cracker Crumbs, Oats, Candy Coated Milk Chocolate Drops, Peanut Butter Chips, Brown Sugar, Coffee, Sugar, Baking Powder... The culinary convenience, coupled with the school-science-experiment charm captivated us from the get-go. We worked really hard, though, to ensure that the recipe layered within yields remarkable cookies—we evaluated at least a dozen iterations. And we made sure the price tag would be equally remarkable—$4.99 for 23 ounces— no mean feat, but a meaningful one. Anticipated to arrive just in time for the holiday season, and only for a limited time, it has "gift-me" or "bake-me" written all over it. What it doesn't have written anywhere on it, yet, is a name.
1. Original Creation: Your product name submission must be an original creation. All product name ideas must be the original work of the entrant and not previously published. Submissions must not infringe on the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Thus, the name should not contain or be confusingly similar to any service or product names, brand name, service marks or trademarks you are aware of. We have to say it.
2. Descriptive of the Product: Your product name submission should be descriptive of the Product (e.g., evoke its character, contents, structure and/or colors).
3. Creativity Counts: Your product name submission should be creative, clever and memorable (e.g., Is it something about which we can't stop thinking?).
4. 50 Characters Total: This is not a tweet; it's more like a hashtag. We have to fit it on a hangtag, and we want it to be clear and legible, so your product name submission must only be up to fifty (50) characters in length (including spaces).
5. (3) Entries Per Person: We know you are full of great ideas, but to make this a fair and manageable process, only three valid product name submissions per person will be accepted. If more than three product names are submitted, only the first three entries received will be considered.
6. Eligibility: You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to enter – understanding naming rights is not child's play. All Trader Joe's Crew Members and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to enter this contest or win a prize.
7. Official Contest Rules: By entering the contest, you are agreeing to our We Want You To Name This Product – Official Rules
Please note: Trader Joe’s does not purchase or pay you for your product name submissions. All entries are licensed to Trader Joe’s and by submitting your product name ideas to us, you are acknowledging permission for Trader Joe’s to use and publish this name as our own.
Submissions: We will begin receiving product name submissions at 10am PST July 11, 2016 through 12pm PST July 16, 2016. To be considered valid submissions, entries must be received by 12:00pm PST on July 16, 2016.
Notifications: The Winner will be notified via email by Trader Joe’s in advance to being announced via the Trader Joe’s E-Newsletter & Website on July 25, 2016.
A panel of Trader Joe’s representatives, including the Product Developer, will select the winning entry from among all eligible entries based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”). In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score in the creativity/cleverness criteria will be declared the winner.
- Relevance (50%): Is the Product Name relevant to/descriptive or evoke the qualities and characteristics of the Product?
- Creativity/Cleverness (25%): How creative & clever is the Product Name?
- Memorable (25%): Is the Product Name something about which we can't stop thinking?
In addition to the pride (we'd hope) of having named a limited-edition Trader Joe’s product, the winner will be mailed a $100 Trader Joe’s Gift Card and a case (12 jars) of the presently unnamed product, when it becomes available. The winner will also be acknowledged publicly via the Trader Joe’s E-Newsletter and website.
HOW TO ENTER
It's simple. Complete all of the required fields in the form below. When you have finished expressing your moniker-making merit and providing a few helpful personal details, submit the form. If your submission is received successfully, an automatic confirmation will pop up on this screen (in the form).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Contest open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S./D.C. age 18+. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to full Official Rules. Sponsor: Trader Joe’s, 800 South Shamrock Avenue, Monrovia, CA 91016.